Woops! You took a tumble at your favorite local hot spot. Aside from the embarrassment you’re experiencing you start wondering how you even lost your footing. Since you’re still at ground level you see a cord that caused your embarrassing fall. The bad news is your wrist is throbbing and swollen. The good news is people saw your not so graceful meeting with the floor. As crazy as it seems, having others witness your fall and injury benefits you with slip trip and fall lawsuits.
The National Floor Safety Institute says the leading cause of emergency room visits are due to slip trip and fall accidents. While falling in front of all those people wasn’t your idea of a fun Friday night out, it benefits you to have witnesses. Here are steps to take when you find yourself in a slip trip and fall situation:
- Report it – Find the person in charge and make them aware of the situation immediately!
- Witnesses – There’s no denying people saw you introduce yourself to the floor. Speak to people who saw you fall and get their information. This will come in handy when you find your slip trip and fall attorney.
- Photos/videos – Take pictures and/or video of your slip trip and fall. Maybe one of the witnesses took video of you in action.
- Seek Medical Attention – Now’s the time to get that wrist looked at. Seek medical attention as soon as possible, and let the doctor know exactly what happened.
You’ve gathered all the information you can. You’ve sought medical attention, and you’re taking care of your injuries. Your next step it to find an attorney that is experienced in slip trip and fall lawsuits. How can you find that experienced slip trip and fall attorney that will get you the compensation you deserve?
How To Choose The Right Slip Trip And Fall Attorney
- Hire Locally – Although this may seem obvious it’s extremely important to hire an attorney in your area that is well versed on the state and local laws regarding slip trip and fall injuries.
- Hire an Experienced Attorney – Hiring an attorney with many years of experience is your best bet. Slip trip and fall lawsuits require knowledge of state and local laws, and the ability to prove the establishment is at fault for your injuries.
- Slip Trip And Fall Expertise – Choosing a lawyer with experience is important, but choosing an attorney with expertise in slip trip and fall cases is important for your case. Attorneys with expertise in slip trip and fall lawsuits are able to inform you of the steps that need to be taken, what will happen in regards to the lawsuit, and how to best navigate the next steps.
- Bills on a Contingency basis – Dealing with the lawsuit and injury is stressful enough. The last thing you want to think about is legal fees. When choosing an attorney make sure you choose an attorney that accepts payments after you’ve gotten the compensation you deserve.