Stop workplace bullies!
Do you dread going to work because of a rude co-worker? Does your boss exhibit outbursts of anger and intolerance directed towards you? Are you finding it increasingly difficult to continue to work at your place of employment because you’ve experienced hostile work environment harassment?
In 2014, a national survey conducted by the Workplace Bullying Institute discovered some disturbing facts about hostile work environment bullying. According to the survey:
- Bosses are most likely the ones to create a hostile work environment
- 27% of employees have current or past experience with hostile work environment
- 72% of people are aware of workplace bullying
- 72% of employers deny workplace bullying
- 69% of workplace bullies are male, while 31% are female.
Are You Dealing With Hostile Work Environment Harassment?
If you want to pursue legal action against a boss or coworker, you need to understand the definition of hostile work environment harassment. A hostile work environment is a form of discrimination outlawed in the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The law states that no person should be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. There are specific legal guidelines that define a hostile work environment discrimination.
- If the harassment is against one of the protected classifications such as sex, religion, race, color, or national origin
- Harassment is defined as characteristically repetitive – over a long period of time and not just a one-time incident
- If the harassment continues after you’ve taken the appropriate steps to inform the organization you work for
- The behavior or harassment has profoundly disrupted your ability to perform your work duties or has interfered with your ability to move up in the company.
If the level of harassment you’re experiencing is causing turmoil in your everyday life, it’s time to seek legal guidance at the Law Offices of Thomas More Holland!
For more than two decades, Thomas More Holland has fought aggressively for those who’ve been discriminated against in the workplace. Our clients receive personal attention, from our attorneys to our well trained professional staff. At TMH Law, we know that standing up against a bullying work environment can take an emotional toll. That’s why you need an attorney that cares enough to be your voice and fight for the compensation you deserve!
It’s time to stand up to the workplace bullies! Stop hostile work environment harassment by Contacting TMH Law today, and let Thomas More Holland fight for you!
Related Tags: Hostile Work Environment Harassment | Work Environment Harassment