The Truth About Employment Discrimination Tri State Area, And What To Do
The truth is that many people may become the victim of employment discrimination tri state area; the good news is that there is protection under the law. Employment discrimination occurs when employment actions such as hiring, layoffs, salary or wages, and other work conditions are based on factors unrelated to employee qualifications or job performance.
While employment discrimination laws vary from state to state, they generally protect people from racial, age, sex, creed and nationality discrimination. Employment discrimination may occur at different levels, from the company’s policies, management, supervisor, or even co-worker.
Common forms of discrimination include:
- Firing or demoting someone because of race, sex, age, nationality, etc
- Reducing employee’s pay less than a co-worker with a comparable job, if the pay difference is based on their race, sex, etc.
- A company policy that negatively affects one group of people more than others (i.e. hurts only women or only men; or hurts a minority group or people of a specific religion or national origin)
- Offering different discipline, work terms, conditions, benefits or pay to one group than to others
- Not providing reasonable accommodation for a worker with a disability
Employment discrimination includes discriminatory job ads, racial harassment, sexual harassment, unequal pay, and age discrimination among many other forms.
What You Can Do With Employment Discrimination Tri State Area Workers Experience?
If you believe that you have been a victim of employment discrimination tri state area, then you’ll want to consult with an experienced and dedicated attorney on your side. Employment discrimination lawyer Thomas More Holland will help you understand your rights and help you to get all of the benefits you are entitled to . To learn more about employment discrimination tri state area or to schedule a consultation, please call (215) 592-8080.