If you live in NJ and got hurt at work, NJ worker’s compensation might have you a little confused and asking lots of questions. Here at TMH Law, we strongly believe that knowledge is power, so we try to answer as many of your questions as we can, short of an actual consultation.
- I got hurt at work; what are my rights?
- You can file a claim in workers compensation court or the state industrial court.
- You can see a doctor and get medical treatment.
- If you are physically able, you have the right to return to your job.
- If you are physically unable to do so, you have the right to some type of disability compensation, regardless of whether you have to stop work temporarily or permanently.
- If you disagree, you have the right to appeal decisions made by the employer’s insurance company, the employer, or the workers’ compensation court.
- You have the right to be represented by a lawyer.
- I got hurt at work; will I get a settlement?
To answer that question, we have to answer the next one:
- I got hurt at work; should I get a lawyer?
If you got hurt at work, NJ worker’s compensation might not give you the settlement you wanted, or any settlement at all! Tom Holland is experienced in evaluating lump sum offers. Early lump sum settlement offers may be encouraging, but Tom Holland will make sure you are not leaving anything on the table. If the disability continues to be treated without a definitive diagnosis and/or prognosis, prompt settlement may not be prudent. When and if to settle is your decision to make, but BEWARE. What’s the hurry?
Got hurt at work? NJ Lawyers can help!
Please be cautious of an early settlement offer from a claims adjustor who suggests you do not need a lawyer. Our law office specializes in representing injured employees, and we know worker’s compensation law inside and out. You are allowed to represent yourself in worker’s compensation proceedings, but remember that the litigation is complex and your employer will be represented by an experienced workers compensation attorney. Don’t walk into court, unprepared and outnumbered.
Getting hurt at work in NJ is never a good thing. Make sure you at least get good compensation with TMH Law.
Related Tags: Got Hurt At Work NJ | NJ Work Injuries