What To Do If You Got Hurt At Work

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Are you or someone you love currently involved in a worker’s compensation claim? The Law Offices of Thomas More Holland will fight for your rights and get you the money you deserve. If you got hurt at work, turn to us for the money you deserve.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1452064406205{margin-top: -20px !important;}”]

If I Got Hurt At Work What Do I Do?

The first thing you need to do is report your hurts and harms to your supervisor immediately. In Pennsylvania, you have up to 21 days after the incident to file a report.

Once you report to your employer, you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible so that your doctor may record your injury.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”1015″ img_size=”full” css=”.vc_custom_1452064468096{margin-top: -30px !important;}”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1452064491029{margin-top: -30px !important;}”]

If I Got Hurt At Work What Are My Rights?

Did you know that the Worker’s Compensation Act in the state of Pennsylvania compensation benefits pay medical and wage losses whenever an employee is injured on the job or suffers from a job-related occupational disease. If you have an existing physical condition or disease and your job makes your condition or disease worse, you are entitled to benefits as well.

You can receive benefits for:

  • Knee, leg and foot injuries
  • Neck, back, shoulder, arm and hand injuries
  • Nerve damage
  • Brain injuries
  • Burns
  • Amputations or loss of a body part
  • Hearing loss as a result of work environment
  • Repetitive injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Occupational diseases including asthma, asbestos, mesothelioma and more
  • Death

If I Got Hurt At Work Can I Sue?

No. When you agree to receive worker’s compensation benefits, you refuse the right to sue your employer. However, if you have an injury that was caused by someone that is not your employer, you may be able to file a lawsuit against that person or company that is not your employer.

For more information on how the Law Offices of Thomas More Holland can assist you in your worker’s compensation claim, give us a call at 1-877-429-8327. When it comes to our clients who got hurt at work – Experience Counts: Results Matter.

Got Hurt At Work | Getting Hurt At Work


Scroll to Top