When the time comes to find a lawyer in Philadelphia, you may find it to be an intimidating task.
How do you find an attorney that will provide you with the legal expertise you need? How will you know when you’ve found the right attorney for you?
How to Find the right Lawyer:
- Determine the type of expertise you need in a lawyer: Have you been injured on the job? Then you need a workers compensation attorney. Were you injured in an auto accident Then you need an attorney that specializes in auto accidents. Do you feel you’ve been a victim of employment discrimination? Then you need an employment law attorney. Finding a lawyer that specializes in the area of legal expertise you need allows for better representation on your end.
- Get recommendations from friends and family: Depending on what your needs are you can easily ask friends and family a recommendation. If they don’t have any referrals they might be able to put you in touch with someone who does.
- Check out their websites: Be sure to check out the type of law they are experienced in. Look at the About Page, as this gives you information about the lawyers in the firm and how long they’ve been practicing law. Check to see if any of the attorneys have blogs relating to the issue you’re dealing with. All of this information gives you an idea of what to expect, and if you want to move forward with a consultation.
- Consider the size of the firm: Depending on the type of legal issue you’re dealing with you might want to consider the size of the law firm that represents you.
- Schedule a consultation: Once you’ve whittled down your list of potential lawyers, it’s time to make some phone calls and schedule a consultation. Before your consultation, be prepared with questions for the attorney. These questions provide will help provide you with more detailed information and helps to get to the heart of your case more quickly.
If you’re looking for a lawyer in Philadelphia, then contact the Law Offices of Thomas More Holland at (215)592-8080.