At the Law Offices of Thomas More Holland, we understand that being injured in an auto accident is very stressful. In addition to being injured, you are faced with calls from insurance companies, medical bills, wage loss, and property damage. 

We know how to deal with auto accident cases and the insurance companies.  It is important to contact an attorney immediately following an accident.  Often insurance companies are not on your side and it is important you get a lawyer to deal with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure your medical bills are getting paid and you are receiving all of the benefits entitled to you under the law.  All you will need to do is focus on recovering from your injuries. 

There are many types of motor vehicle accidents:

  • Rear end collisions
  • Intersectional accidents
  • Hit and runs
  • Pedestrian struck by motor vehicles
  • Passenger accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • SEPTA accidents
  • Train accidents
  • Uber/Lyft accidents
  • Tractor trailer accidents


Do I Need A Lawyer?

Yes. Car accidents cases can be complicated, and the insurance companies have lawyers who work for them. You need an attorney who understands the auto laws, who will work aggressively for you, and who has extensive experience in handling all types of auto cases. 

Once I’ve Been Injured In An Accident, What Is The Process?

Upon calling our office you will speak with one of our well-trained and experienced paralegals who will take down all of your information.  That information will immediately be provided to one of our attorneys who will then personally call you to gather any additional information, answer any questions you may have, and will let you know whether you have a case.  Then, we will immediately contact the insurance companies and let them know you are represented and to cease contact with you.  We will make sure you are seen by a doctor right away and we will continue to ensure you get the care and treatment you need and deserve.  Once you are done treating, we will gather all of your medical records and other documents necessary to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company.

What If My Case Doesn’t Settle?

If an insurance company denies your claim, or if you are unhappy with the settlement offer negotiated, we will not hesitate to immediately file a lawsuit on your behalf.  At that point, your case will be in litigation.  You may have your deposition taken.  Ultimately, if your case doesn’t settle along the way, we will end up trying your case to an arbitration panel or a jury.

What Is Full Tort vs. Limited Tort?  And What Is The Difference?

Full tort means that you can recover for your pain and suffering regardless of the severity of your injury.  

Limited tort means you must sustain a serious injury in order to recover for your pain and suffering.  A serious injury is defined by the law as a “serious impairment of a bodily function”.  In other words, there is often a “limited tort threshold” which you need to “breach” in order to recover.

If you are subject to the Limited Tort option, insurance companies will often use that as an excuse to outright deny your claim.  

At our Firm we will take your case, regardless of your tort option.  We know how to negotiate and litigate limited tort cases.

Who Pays For My Medical Treatment?

Most clients are surprised to learn that their own car insurance pays for their medical care, even though you are not at fault.  This is one of the reasons you pay for motor vehicle insurance.  Your own insurance company must pay for your medical bills up to at least $5,000.00.  

Once the $5,000.00 is paid out, either your own health insurance will pay for your care and treatment.  If you don’t have insurance, we will send letters to the doctors on your behalf letting them know we will make sure their bills are paid so you can continue your treatment.  

What Do I Do After A Motor Vehicle Accident?

First call the police and then go to the hospital to get examined by a doctor.  If you cannot get to the hospital, go to your primary care physician the next day.  Regardless of who you see, be sure to tell them you were injured in an auto accident.

Then, contact us right away.  We will help you navigate the complexities in dealing with the insurance companies.  We can also set you up to treat with a doctor who specializes in auto accidents. 


Slip and fall (or trip and fall) accidents can bring about serious injuries and damages. If you have been injured in a fall down incident due to someone else’s negligence, we may be able to help you obtain the monetary compensation you need and deserve.


Who is at fault?

Slip and fall cases can be complicated because they often involve many defendants. Defendants might include an individual, a corporation, or a governmental entity, such as the City of Philadelphia.

What do I have to prove?

In a slip and fall case, you must first prove that the person or business entity in control of the property at the time of the fall owed a duty directly to you.  In other words, owners or lessees of property owe a legal duty to keep people on their property safe and free from harm.  Often the defendants in slip and fall cases are the owners or lessees of residential homes, stores, restaurants, shopping centers, and/or parking lots.  If you slip and fall on a sidewalk, the defendant is usually the owner / lessee of the property as well as the City.

Second, you must prove that the person or business entity breached their duty to keep you safe and free from harm.  For example, a store allowing a spill to exist in the aisleway or homeowner allowing the sidewalk in front of their home to be in an unsafe condition.

Finally, you must show that the breach of the duty proximately caused your personal injuries.  

What are examples of negligence in a slip and fall or trip and fall case?

  • Failing to clean up spills or puddles
  • Allowing greasy area to exist
  • Failing to fix a staircase
  • Broken stairs
  • Failing to have handrails on staircases
  • Failing to repair a damaged or deteriorating sidewalk
  • Allowing large cracks to exist on the sidewalk
  • Allowing crumbling pavement to exist on a walkway such as a sidewalk
  • Allowing debris to exist in the aisle of stores


Premises Liability is a general term that encompasses slip and falls, trip and falls, and any other injury that occurs on someone else’s property so long as you can prove duty, breach, causation, and damages.  Examples of other types of premises liability cases include:

  • Dog bites
  • Allowing dangerous conditions to exist on the property
  • a broken off pole or stake in the ground
  • Concealed Holes
  • Failing to warn of dangerous conditions on the property
  • Assaults on private property
  • Bar fights
  • Trampoline accidents


If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident or if you were injured on someone else’s property as a result of negligence, you may be entitled to some or all of the following:

  • Medical bills and expenses (hospital, doctor, and physical therapy bills)
  • Lost wages
  • Out-of-pocket expenses
  • Past, present, and future pain and suffering
  • Loss of earning capacity
  • Loss of spousal support or consortium
  • Inconvenience
  • Compensation for related mental health, psychological, or psychiatric treatment
  • Rehabilitation expenses
  • Loss of quality or enjoyment of life
  • Loss of benefits
  • Property damage 
  • Deductible recovery 
Scroll to Top