Do You Have Grounds to Seek a Slip and Fall Pennsylvania Lawyer?
Since the days of the brilliant scientist Isaac Newton, we have been able to put a name to the continual pull of items to the earth’s surface – gravity.
But there are other forces that can work with gravity to cause our own bodies to experience this compelling force in unfortunate slip and fall accidents. If you’ve been the victim of a slip and fall Pennsylvania residents dread, you may have a legal case to bring against the property owner. To determine whether or not the employer or property owner can be legally responsible for your injuries, consider these elements.
The law states that a defendant cannot be held legally responsible for your injuries unless they should have known of the dangerous surface because a reasonable person taking care of the property would have discovered and removed or repaired it.
Therefore, these claims often revolve around whether or not the defendant acted reasonably, meaning “Does the owner make regular and thorough efforts to keep the property safe and clean?”
Questions to Ask to Determine Reasonable Actions:
- If your slip and fall in Pennsylvania happened over an area of carpet, floor, or ground that was torn, broken, or bulging, or you slipped on a wet area, had the cause of danger been there long enough that the owner should have known about it?
- Is there a regular procedure in place for examining and cleaning the property, and if so, what proof does the owner have of this regular maintenance?
- If your trip and fall accident happened because of an object left on the floor, was there a reasonable purpose for the item to be there?
- If the item’s purpose had already been fulfilled, could the item have been moved before your accident happened?
- Was there a safer place available that the item could have been placed without further expense or inconvenience to the property owner?
- Could a warning sign have been placed to alert individuals of the danger?
- Could a barrier have been created to keep individuals away from the dangerous area?
- Did the area have low or broken lighting, contributing to the slip and fall accident?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and you know that you took all precautions to be careful while walking on the premises, you may have a slip and fall case.
Consider talking to an attorney who specializes in slip and fall Pennsylvania cases. The Law Offices of Thomas More Holland represents victims of property negligence by fighting for the fair compensation due them through slip and fall settlements.
A slip, trip and fall accident not only brings physical distress and numerous doctor bills, but can bring emotional stress as well. Find justice for your pain through the expertise of TMH Law and our aggressive legal team. Call today for your complimentary consultation to determine if you have a case.
Related Tags: Slip And Fall Pennsylvania Lawyers | Do I Have A Slip And Fall Case?